Wednesday, August 18, 2010

More Chemo

While Chemo isn't fun at all, I have to say that they have made vast improvements in it. As bad as it has been I thought I was going to be throwing up all the time. I only got real sick 1 time. That was my first session of my 2nd cycle. Kevin, aka, Bootes for those of you that know him stayed home with me all weekend. I had felt ok after Chemo on Thurs, just tired. Then on Fri afternoon I got sick. I slept for 4 hours after. When I woke up I was very weak and almost passed out. Bootes totally took care of me, brought me some Ginger Ale and crackers.
All of the chemo sessions just really seem to knock me down. The lack of energy and fatigue are the worst. I literally do nothing but sleep and eat for a few days after each first cycle session of chemo. They give me steroids to help with the nausea so I even when I am nauseous I am still hungry. I have gained almost 20 pounds being on chemo which I guess should be the least of my concerns. I know that once chemo is done the puffiness in my face and my appetite from the steroids will decrease. The steroids just make me so hungry sometimes and when I sleep a lot food is my only source of energy. I try to walk at least around the block once the sun goes down. On my better days I can go further. It does help with my energy level. Every week the nurse at chemo asks me if I have been walking that I need to walk.

My Dr went ahead and scheduled my bladder surgery for Monday, Sept 20th. I am so NOT LOOKING FORWARD TO THIS! I really want the hole healed in the bladder so I know it has to be done. The dr said it is painful because of where the cut me. He will go back through the same spot as last time. Right down the middle of the stomach muscles and I will be in pain and have 6 weeks of recovery time. I remember how much pain I was in after the last surgery and it was so awful. I honestly do not know how people have children. As much as I want and wanted them I do not know how you deal with the pain. I am more than happy to adopt!

My last day of chemo FOREVER is tomorrow, August 19, 2010. My last Nuelesta shot is Aug 20, 2010. More writing later...........Thank you for those who take the time to read.

No comments:

Post a Comment